Sunday, October 10, 2010

life as a working girl...

So... I have finished my first full week of work. It's been interesting to say the least. I'm training with 3 other people and have enjoyed getting to know everyone. The office is really upbeat and has an extremely laid-back atmosphere. So I like it... it's just taking some time getting used to waking up at 6 every morning, leaving my apartment before 8, commuting into downtown on a jam-packed subway, and making it to work on time. I usually have time to stop into starbucks on my way, which is a must now that I'm a single girl working in the city.... right?!


Besides my boring work updates, I've been enjoying my time exploring a new city! I officially feel like I belong... I know my way around and I've even been able to give a handful of random people accurate directions.  I also finally experienced my first Red Sox game.  Dan was given two tickets so we got to enjoy a Monday night at the ball park. This was the only picture I was able to snap, but I feel like it does Fenway enough justice. It was definitely a much different experience than going to Minute Maid.


In the next few weeks I will be taking as many pictures as possible of my first New England fall.  The leaves are already starting to turn and I haven't experienced weather over 60 degrees in the last week or so.  I'm so excited because I can already wear boots, sweaters,  and scarves.  I've also been having a nightly cup of hot cocoa. My plan is to do as many fall things that I can. This is definitely my favorite season and will most likely consist of making lots of food and doing a lot of baking. I'm ready to gain a few extra pounds for the sake of fully enjoying fall. I will be living it up until the first snow... and then I will officially be in hybernation until March.

4 comments:

  1. Excited to see an update! Ahhh, cool weather after a long, hot summer sure does make one come alive again! I can feel the excitement of all the new things in your life from your descriptions. Looking forward to seeing more pictures, especially of fall color. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're really settling in! Isn't fall wonderful!! I've started jamming our schedule with fall things too, and I have officially put away my summer clothes! Love you and love hearing all about your Boston adventures! Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for you- a working woman! Being a grown-up isn't all it's cracked up to be- especially the getting up in the morning and going to work part! But so glad you are enjoying your job! Can't wait to see the fall color- we were in KC with Laura 2 weeks ago and it was just barely beginning- but the cool air was great! Pumpkins, apple cider, hot soup, candles- yeah for fall! Love you! Aunt J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you!!! I can't wait to see the pictures of all the changing leaves. We get a little bit of that here but NOTHING like you're going to get.. I'm so jealous! Anyways, so happy for you and so glad that you like where you're working.. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete