Friday, September 17, 2010

getting settled

I'm finally beginning to feel at home in my apartment. This week all of my furniture came, along with some of my bedding. It felt so good to sleep with my quilt again... I tend to have separation anxiety from that thing. I know, it's a problem. Anyway, I'm lucky to have a very sweet boyfriend who spent his entire Tuesday evening putting together my dresser with me. It took about 3 hours but we managed to have fun in the process. The rest of my furniture will have to wait until Dan comes back over since I'm not very handy with tools.  I went ahead and took some more pictures of the new place, despite the fact that it is still a work in progress.

I got all white furniture for my room, which I love. For my dresser I went to Anthropologie and got some fun knobs to give it a little color:




Our apartment has the cutest little accents, like the arched doorways:


Please excuse our living room! All of the boxes and JUNK in the alcove is my furniture. We also are in the process of getting a table and chairs for the alcove.


Our tiny, but cute little kitchen :)




That's basically it. I love it here and I'm so glad to finally feel at home :) 

I will be taking my Property and Casualty exam a week from Sunday, so please be keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I've been studying for 8 hours every day, getting through about 2 chapters a day. The information is so dense and so specific that I'm starting to feel like my brain is going to explode, and I've only completed 10 chapters (there are 20 total that I have to study). So until then I will be drinking lots of coffee and basically going insane. And then I will be a working girl... can't wait!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Love and miss Y'ALL!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you updated your blog! Love the pictures. It all looks so cute and homey :) MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your apartment! It's so cute! I LOVE your dresser too. I love the different knobs. I want to do that with some of our furniture now, you've inspired me!

    Good luck on all the studying, you'll do great on your test! LOVE YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your apartment is so cute, I love it!
    So glad you're settling in and good luck studying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, great dresser! I LOVE it. Great apartment, looks nice and cosy, I look forward to spending time there:) Love you Lyd and well done getting settled in. Good luck with your studying, yay to sales!!

    ReplyDelete